Not yet tasted Chef Sauce. Mainly sold in Ireland, although sometimes found in ASDA supermarkets in the UK.
- Introduced in 1900 by E. Lazenby & Son, London. This thick brown table sauce was sold alongside their 100 year old Lazenby’s Sauce.
- Crosse and Blackwell acquired E. Lazenby & Son in 1919.
- Manufacture of Chef Sauce moved to Ireland in 1921.
- Crosse and Blackwell (Holdings) Limited were purchased outright by Nestle in 1960.
- Crosse and Blackwell was divested in 2002 by Nestle and the brand divided between Premier International Foods, in Europe and The J.M. Smucker Company, in North America.
- Chef Brown Sauce is now owned by Premier International Foods.
- The manufacturers claim:
What makes Chef different truly unique is the distinct taste that consumer have grown to love. The unique blend of spices used in Chef Ketchup & Brown Sauce gives Chef a spicy flavour. Today it’s this well loved taste that remains key for consumers, with Chef being the ultimate symbol of quality and tradition.
|of which sugars||25.5g|
|of which saturates||Trace|
Jacob Fruitfield Food Group
Telephone: (+353 1) 414 1111